Tuesday 27 January 2009

> Dance in the Sun


Afro-Dite - Fly Fly Baby Fly
Afro-Dite took Sweden by storm in Melodifestivalen 2002. With their fabulous frocks and the insanely catchy "Never Let It Go" they turned Sweden into a discoball With high expectations they went to Estonia and Eurovision and finished on a disappoing 8th place (at this time 8th was really bad, nowadays we do even worse.)
They also did MF 2003 but could not repeat the big success... so they decided to call it quits... until 2007 when they announced a new album would be out in 2008. They started with launching half of the album on their website. But sadly, the other part never followed... due to poor digital sales, I guess. I however bought the songs and have therefore enjoyed this fabulous song for quite some time. Now it's your turn! Come give it to us...


Anna S - My Heart Is Dying
I didn't really know what to post, so I randomly picked Anna S' album. I chose the deleted fourth single from the album - "My Heart Is Dying" - for you to listen. It's one of the better songs too. We're awfully weak for these sort of simple and easy popsongs in Sweden. The album flopped badly unfortunately and I don't think we'll ever hear anything from Anna again... so enjoy it. ;-)

Right On Time - Sunshine
If you're a fan of Ace of Base you should like this. It is very much inspired by AoB and they did it quite nicely too. The band flopped of course, but I am who I am and of course bought the CD. Haha! It's a nice summery song and the video was shot in Australia (I have it on tape somewhere, maybe I should YouTube it?!) Gimme sunshine... sunshine from heaven...

I was gonna do a fourth song but... not this time!

4 comments:

John said...

Wow I had no idea Afro-Dite reformed! I've been toying with buying their 2002 album. Is it any good?

Alexander said...

It is a fabulous album, John. It's got quality and still sounds fresh today.

Poster Girl said...

Another post! The Swedish pop addicts of the world appreciate it :D Three great songs, too! And who else but you is blogging and going to know about flop Swedish groups? Or that Afro-Dite released half of an album last year?

DR@KE said...

Please, wher i can find to buy the album?