Wednesday 28 January 2009

> Anticipating

I was so bored that I decided to do a list of anticipated albums of 2009. There's actually quite a lot to look forward to, could become an ever better year than last year. Amazing, eh.


Jennifer Brown - Bloom
The queen of soul is definitely back. I did a small introduction of Jennifer earlier (scroll down if you want to read more) and her new album is the one I look forward to most. She's always been the Swedish answer to all those singing-divas from America, now it's once again Jennifer's turn to shine. In the biography/press release we can read:

*In between, we are taken on a journey of emotions, thoughts, melodies and exquisite musical detail.
*Jennifer sings like she's never sung before.
*Echoes can be traced from classic Motown soul, as well as a pop aesthetic that stems from a time where radio hits were signed Bacharach/David.
*In a time where it is easy to record a sparse album in your living room, they decided to go for a luxurious production that oozes timelessness and quality.

Sounds pretty good to me!


Erik Hassle - Untitled
If the amazing "Hurtful" is anything to go by we're in for a fantastic popalbum. I mean, just listen to his other songs at http://www.myspace.com/erikhassle, especially "Don't Bring Flowers" - I actually posted a live version of this, if you're interested. Isn't it about time we have a popstar with big red hair? I think so, yes.


Calaisa - Untitled
My favourite Swedish countryband (OK, we don't have that many to begin with, LOL!) is Calaisa. I first spotted them on TV in 2006 and three minutes later I ordered their incredible debutalbum. I have a feeling the second album will be just as good. We got a preview in Melodifestivalen last year (If I Could.) There's just something about their sound, voices, harmonies, lyrics... it's really quite breathtaking.


Pauline - Untitled
What can I say? She released two great singles last year and she's currently on the charts with "Give Me a Call" - slowly becoming my favourite single of hers. She doesn't sound like anyone else right now which is good. I think 2009 could be Pauline's year.


Velvet - Untitled
Fix Me, Chemistry, Deja Vu, Take My Body Close, Come Into the Night, The Queen... six singles and no album yet, she's took her time. There had better be like 14-15 tracks on the album. She should've had the time to record loads during this time anyway. Album due out in March.

Apart from these five albums there's a few more that could happen this year, for instance:
Marie Serneholt
Gathania
E.M.D.
DeDe

What are You most looking forward to?

1 comment:

Poster Girl said...

I'm looking forward to a lot of these, too. I hope Erik gets to release an album; "Hurtful" being so slow-burning instead of more quickly very successful is pretty surprising to me. Velvet--it's really amazing how many singles she'll have gone through before we get this album.

I've got my fingers crossed that Marie's song will be fantastic and will survive at least into the second chance round and that we'll get an album out of it and that E.M.D.'s song will be a pleasant surprise for people.

There are of course multiple other Melodifestival artists I'm looking forward to albums from. I'm sure I'm probably forgetting some non-MF artists, though.