Saturday 22 November 2008

> P3 Live

Every Wednesday on Swedish radio channel P3, there's a programme called P3 Live - it features one or two artists doing an exclusive live concert. You can also watch it live on their website. This week we got to hear brand new songs from the brilliant Erik Hassle and lovely acoustic versions from Agnes.


Agnes Carlsson - Release Me (P3 Live)
Yes, Agnes revealed this will be the next single from the new album "Dance Love Pop". I'm very happy with this decision. It is one of Agnes' greatest tracks and I think this song could start off a career outside Sweden.

Agnes Carlsson - Champion (P3 Live)
One of the stand-out tracks from Agnes' second album was definitely "Champion", it's also one of her best. Quite possibly THE best. If they release DLP internationally they should add this track.


Erik Hassle - Don't Bring Flowers After I'm Dead (P3 Live)
No, it's not Art Garfunkel-- it's Erik Hassle, the latest Swedish popstar on the list. Even though his single "Hurtful" has been out for quite a while it's only been this fall when it's really been noticed and appreciated. It did fairly well on the single chart and on radio. His debut album will be out in January and if the songs he sang on P3 Live are anything to go by it shall be something to look forward to.
This song is available to listen to on Erik's MySpace.

Erik Hassle - First Time (P3 Live)

Another song that makes me long for the album. Not as brilliant as Hurtful or the song above but still very nice.

If you want to listen to the entire show or watch it click these links:
http://www.sr.se/cgi-bin/p3/nyhetssidor/sandningsarkiv.asp?programID=3068 (Listen)
http://www.sr.se/cgi-bin/p3/nyhetssidor/amnessida.asp?programID=2663&grupp=3851 (Watch)



3 comments:

Damian said...

Cool blog, though unfortunately video doesn't work. Thanks the most for Don't Bring Flowers After I'm Dead - this is amazing song and now I can say I'm a fan of Erik and waiting for his album impatiently.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the songs!
Agnes is of course great as always...
I didn't know Erik Hassle yet, but the songs on his myspace are cool, especially "Is this the thanks i get", which i find a true masterpiece! Unfortunally i can't find it on itunes... :(

Poster Girl said...

Great news on both of those single choices! I've yet to hear of anyone not loving "Release Me" and I know I definitely like "Don't Bring Flowers After I'm Dead"--I wonder if the version will be at all different from the one on his MySpace? "First Time" is good, too, and I hadn't heard that before.