Monday 1 December 2008

> Go Easy with Me


Sugarplum Fairy - The Escapologist
Let's start off this Monday with a rockband from Sweden. Yeah, you heard right. A rockband. Don't let the rock-part scare you away though, because "The Escapologist" is one of my favourite singles of the year and it made me discover the terriffic band that is Sugarplum Fairy. I'm not sure whether they are famous outside Sweden but I think they are fairly known in Germany and have done gigs in other countries too.


Dilba - Easy
Let's continue this post with another favourite single of mine. Actually, this could very well top the chart of "My favourite singles of the year", it's brilliant. Dilba has always been one of my favourite Swedish songwriters and "Easy" is yet another beautiful piece from her which I think you will all like... Apparently it's being released in the Netherlands sometime soon, seems random, but oh well... Enjoy! You'll get a warm cosy feeling from it.


Sofia Källgren - Mio My Mio
OK, this is perhaps not what you would expect from my blog but I want to show all sides of Swedish music, not just the mainstream-pop-sort. Btw, you may recognise Sofia, she's been in Melodifestivalen three times (last in 2003.) However, this song is taken from her latest album where she covered eleven film-classics. This one is from the Swedish film "The Land of Faraway - Mio My Mio" based on the story by Astrid Lindgren. It's a beautiful song composed by Benny & Björn. If you like songs like "May It Be", "The Prayer", "Come What May" and "My Heart Will Go On" you will simply love Sofia's album which I recommend if you're into this classical-pop-sort-of-thing. The album's entitled Cinema Paradiso.

That's it for today and I promise to update more during the week. If you have any requests for old singles or something... let me know. I have lots of things in my shelf and on my computer.



2 comments:

Poster Girl said...

I LOVE "Every Little Thing" and think it should've been a real international hit sort of song, so thank you for "Easy," even though I know it's not the same sort of song at all :) It's got a sort of Sunday morning feel to it.

I think I've heard a few Sugarplum Fairy songs but I can't remember any of them (right now)--I like this one!

Sofia's song does have a soundtrack feel to it, but in a good way.

Damian said...

Oh!!! Thank you, Alexander!!! You've uploaded 2 songs those I've been searching this year so hard.
"Easy" is very pleasant song, though my Dilba's favorites are still "Every Little Thing", "Miracle" and "I'm Sorry".
"Mio My Mio" is very-very beautiful song, I adore Sofia's voice.