Sunday 2 November 2008

> Today I've seen Jimmy Dean!

Yes! Today you're getting some fabulous pop from the 80s. We had many amazing acts in the 80s that sadly never really made it big anywhere but in Sweden... so trust me when I say there's a lot to discover and enjoy.

Secret Service - I'm So, I'm So, I'm So (So in Love with You)
Secret Service were a Swedish synth-pop band in the 80s. You could call them the BWO of the 80s or the Swedish version of A-ha (without the gorgeous singer.) Some of Sweden's best songwriters were behind their hits, including Alexander Bard (if you don't know him, shame on you!) He actually wrote this track and I'd love if BWO covered this for their next album. I think they could make a brilliant version of it.


Troll - Jimmy Dean
Yet another AMAZING hit from Mr Bard. It's incredibly catchy and it'll put a smile on your face and leave you humming and singing this all day. The group Troll didn't last very long and only released two albums, this was their biggest hit. Nanananananana...

Katz - Loving You Is All I Know
This is one group I seriously know nothing about. All I know is this song is brilliant and was later covered by Lili & Susie (will do a special on L&S sometime soon.) Unfortunately I don't have this song in mp3, so the YouTube will have to do for now.

1 comment:

Poster Girl said...

Fantastic! Absolutely no one is writing about '80's Swedish music and it always seems to be impossible to find anywhere to buy albums from that era, so despite me wanting to know more (I spent a good bit of yesterday listening to Lili & Susie), I know and own practically nothing! It's surely got to be brilliant, but no one talks about it. This post is exactly the reason (well, OK, one of the reasons) why I'm so glad you're blogging again :D